My husband and I are HUGE football fans, Detroit Lions fans to be exact…. I know what your thinking…. Well at least you know we aren’t band wagon fans ;). Every sunday we have a couple of his soldier friends over and have a BBQ and I make finger food and sides, while my hubby and his best friend are in charge of the grill.
I take the liberty of making my husband chicken salad while I am making these sides, since most of the ingredients are used in most of the sides anyway. I will be giving the recipes for my mom’s FAMOUS baked beans, buffalo chicken dip, and of course the super simple and healthy chicken salad.
(All of the ingredients.)
(Don’t mind all the baby stuff in the background. We are prepping for Mr. Brantley’s arrival. 7weeks left!!)
2 cups of chopped cooked chicken (I use Purdue original roasted chicken, or you can roast your own with salt and pepper)
1/2 a bell pepper (use whatever color you want, I used red for the pretty color)
1/2 a small onion
1/4 cup of greek yogurt (if you don’t like greek yogurt you can use poppy seed dressing)
10 grapes (Unlikely choice but it really works well)
1. Chop up chicken into bite size pieces
2. Finely chop the onion, bell pepper, and grapes.
3. Put the chicken, onion, bell pepper, and grapes into a bowl with the greek yogurt and mix it up
4. Serve with crackers or put it away in a tupperware container for yummy chicken salad later in the week
Buffalo Chicken Dip
2 cups of cooked chicken (same as above)
1 block of cream cheese
16oz of sour cream
2cups of shredded cheese
1/4 cup of Franks hot sauce
1. Preheat oven on 350
1. Chop chicken in bite size pieces
2. Combine shredded cheese, hot sauce, sour cream, and softened cream cheese in a bowl. (soften cream cheese by throwing it in the microwave for 10-15 sec.)
3. Pour mixture into a oven safe dish and put in the oven for about 30-40mins
4. Serve with a cracker
2 large cans of Honey baked beans
1/2lb of bacon
1 med onion
1/4 cup of molasses
1. Preheat oven at 350
2. Chop up the bacon and onions
3. Cook bacon in a pan
4. After the bacon is cooked put it in a bowl along with the molasses and baked beans.
5. Cook the onions in the same pan as the bacon (for flavor) until translucent.
6. Put the onions in the bowl and mix together
7. Pour the baked bean mixture into a oven safe dish and bake it for 30-45mins
I hope you enjoy these recipes on your game day
Till next time, Hooah!